Practice for Psychotherapy and Sex Therapy
Swiss certified psychologist, counsellor and psychotherapist
Sex therapist (certified by OEGS/DGFS)
My practice offers psychological assessment,
counselling and psychocological support regarding
various questions about sexuality, relationship and psychological well-being.
- For persons of any age, gender and sexual orientation.
- For adults, adolescents, couples, parents and dependants.
Sexual counselling and sex therapy
Specific assessment, counselling and therapy for:
- Problems with sexual function such as difficulties with arousal and/or erection, orgasm, desire or pain during sexual activity.
- Sexual problems which are associated with disease (e.g., gynaecological diseases, cancer, HIV)
- Problems with sexual communication
- Experienced sexual violence and sexual harassment
- Compulsive sexual behaviours (e.g., sex addiction)
- Questions regarding gender identiy and sexual orientation
- Questions regarding relationship and seeking partner
- Questions regarding family planning (e.g. counselling and support in case of unplanned pregnancy,
- unfulfilled wish for children, during reproductive-medical treatment)
- Questions of parents regarding sex education of their children
- Questions of adolescents regarding sexual knowledge
- Psychodynamic / psychoanalytic oriented counselling and psychotherapy for adolescents and adults
- Counselling and therapy for couples facing relationship problems or sexual difficulties
- Counselling and psychological support for children and adults with differences of biological
- sex development (DSD, intersex) and their parents
- Counselling and support for persons with gender dysphoria an/or transgender identity
- Psycho-oncological counselling and support for persons with cancer
German / English
Part of the treatment costs can be covered by
either your supplementary health insurance or by your basic insurance
(Delegierte Psychotherapie). Couple or sex therapy costs are usually not fully covered by your insurance.
Born 1978 in St. Gallen
Master of Science in Psychology, Psychopathology and Social and Economic History, University of Zurich (1999-2005)
PhD in Psychology, University of Zurich (2005-2008)
Master of Advanced Studies in Psychoanalytic
Psychotherapy, University of Zurich
(nationally recognised formal qualification for psychotherapy)
Postgraduate training in sex therapy ,
certified by the Austrian Society of Sex Research and
the German Society of Sex Research (OEGS, DGfS) (2012-2015)
Practice for Psychotherapy and Sex Therapy (since 2011, licensed in the cantons of Zurich and St. Gallen)
Research fellow at the Institute of Biomedical Ethics and Medical History of the University of Zurich (2017-2018)
Research Coordinator of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services St. Gallen (2013-2015)
Lecturer at various health institutions and universities (e.g., University Hospital of Zurich, University of Applied Studies Zurich) (since 2011)
Clinical Psychologist and Research Fellow at the University Hospital Zurich, Department for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy (Therapeutic services for sexual medicine and psycho-oncology) (2010-2015)
Research stays at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, Department for Sex Research and Forensic Psychiatry, and at the London Metropolitan University, Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit (2007-2009)
Research Fellow and Clinical Psychologist at the Children’s University Hospital Zurich (2005-2007 and 2009-2011)
Professional affiliations and mandates
Editorial Board of the Zeitschrift für Sexualforschung (Journal of Sex Research)
Steering group member of the European Network for Psychosocial Studies in Intersex/Divers Sex Development (EuroPSI) (2015-2016)
Federation of the Swiss Psychologists (FSP)
German Society for Sex Research (DfGS)
Swiss Society of Sexology (SSS)
European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
International Academy of Sex Research (IASR)
My practice is located on the Zürichberg, in the premises of an ancient Zürichberg Villa (side entrance), in a green and quiet area. It is a 50-metres walk from the tram stop «Susenbergstrasse» (tramline 6, 15 minutes from Zurich main train station, 10 minutes from university and ETH). Blue parking space is usually available at Schreberweg.
Please notice that no psychological and sexological counselling can be provided on the phone or by email.